Best Sliding 5th Wheel Hitch for a 2023 Chevy Silverado 2500 w/ a 6-3/4 Bed and Puck System
I just got a 2023 Chevy Silverado 2500 and would like to add a 5th wheel hitch to my truck. It has a 6-3/4 foot bed and the puck system installed from the factory. I will be needing a slider hitch with at least a 16k capacity. Which one would you recommend?
asked by: Kevin
For your 2023 Chevy Silverado with an 6-3/4 foot bed, I recommend the B&W Companion OEM item # BWRVK3775. This hitch installs inside your factory puck system and allows you to have full access to your bed when you are not towing.
The B&W Companion Slider has a 20,000 lbs capacity. It's dual jaw system provides 360-degree jaw to kingpin contact. This not only assures a secure connection but a more comfortable and quieter towing experience.
The slider gives you 12" of travel from front to back. This hitch also uses a non-binding cam-action latch handle. The handle allows for a quick and easy release of the jaws, even if you are on uneven terrain.
I have linked an review video along with a picture of the Companion Slider installed below.
The B&W Companion weighs over 250 lbs. If that's not something you're interested in moving by yourself and don't want to have to rely on someone to help you then I recommend purchasing the B&W 5th Wheel Lifting Device for Companion and Patriot Hitches item # BWRVXA3130. This heavy duty steel tool lets you lift your B&W 5th-wheel hitch from your truck bed with a hoist. The 5th-Wheel jaws clamp around the device for a secure grip.
I have attached a picture below that shows this device in use.
(click to enlarge)
(click to enlarge)
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Lift Bracket
- B and W
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Shop: Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Shop: B&W Companion OEM 5th Wheel Hitch w/ Slider for Chevy/GMC Towing Prep Package - Dual Jaw - 20K
- Shop: B&W 5th Wheel Lifting Device for Companion and Patriot Hitches
- Shop: Adapter Rails for Curt 5th Wheel Hitch - Ford and Chevy/GMC Towing Prep Package
- Q&A: Will the Curt Adapter for GM Puck System Work w/ a Curt R20 Slider?
- Video: B and W Companion OEM 5th Wheel Hitch with Slider Installation - 2022 GMC Sierra 2500
- Video: Review of B and W Fifth Wheel - Fixed Fifth Wheel - BWRVK3775
- Shop: Demco Autoslide 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch w/ Slider - Single Jaw - Above Bed - 18,000 lbs
- Shop: B&W Patriot 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch w/ Slider - Dual Jaw - 18,000 lbs
- Video: Mount-n-Lock RV Bumper Reinforcement SafetyStruts Review
- Video: Review of B and W Fifth Wheel - BWRVXA3130
- Q&A: Recommended 5th Wheel Rail Adapter for the GM Factory Puck System
- Shop: B&W Companion OEM 5th Wheel Hitch for Chevy/GMC Towing Prep Package - Dual Jaw - 20,000 lbs
- Q&A: Adapter Part Needed for Curt A20 Slider to Fit 2022 Ford F-350 with OEM Puck Package
- Shop: Brake Controller
- Q&A: Distance From The Tailgate For The B&W Companion Slider Base In A 2021 Chevy Silverado
- Video: Manufacturer Review - Demco Autoslide 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch
- Shop: Curt A20 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch w/ S20 Slider - Dual Jaw - 20,000 lbs
- Shop: Trailer Wiring
- Q&A: Recommended 5th Wheel Hitch for a 2023 Chevy Silverado 2500 Short Bed w/ the Factory Puck System
- Article: Guide to Choosing the Best Truck for 5th-Wheel Towing
- Article: Gooseneck to 5th Wheel Adapters
- Shop: BOLT brand vehicle and hitch locks
- Search Results: class 5 hitch pin
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: Determining The Correct Hitch Height For A B&W Companion In A 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500
- Q&A: Shipping Weight of B&W Companion OEM 5th Wheel Hitch w/ Slider for Chevy/GMC Towing Prep Package
- Video: Curt 5th Wheel Hitch Adapter Rails Review
- Video: Curt 5th Wheel Hitch Adapter Rails Installation - 2023 Chevrolet Silverado 3500
- Article: 4 Steps to Choosing Your 5th Wheel Pin Box