bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Recommended Camper Tie Downs and Hitch Extender For 2017 Ram 3500 W/ Lance Camper Towing Trailer  


Hi, I am really confused, I recently purchased a lance 1030 but now I need to buy tie downs and an extender hitch so I can still tow my bumper pull horse trailer. Have a 2017 ram 3500 drw, all stock with hitch Trailer has 12600 gvwr


Expert Reply:

I would be happy to help!

Lets start with the extender. The extender you will need to add an additional hitch to use in conjunction with the factory hitch on your 2017 Ram 3500 DRW, as the highest rated extension compatible with it maxes out at 8000lbs when using weight distribution which is quite a bit under the 12,600lb rating of your trailer.

You will need the TorkLift SuperHitch Magnum Trailer Hitch Receiver # TLD1108-30 which will allow you to use the TorkLift SuperTruss Hitch Extension for SuperHitch Trailer Hitch Receivers - 36" Long # TLE1536 which has a 12,000lb rating when using a weight distribution hitch such as the Blue Ox SwayPro Weight Distribution # BXW1500 assuming you can get the trailer down to 12,000lbs or less.

If you cannot get the trailer down below 12,000lbs you will need to go with the shorter 24" extension # TLE1524 which has a 14,000lb trailer weight rating when using a weight distribution hitch which will be perfect for your trailer.

For camper tie downs you will need the TorkLift # TLD2127 and # TLR3507 if you have running boards on your 2017 Ram 3500 8' bed DRW or # TLD2126 and # TLR3507 if you do not have any running boards installed.

Due to your truck being a dually you will likely need the TorkLift Camper Anchor Relocation Kit # TLA7004 as well.

In addition you will need to measure the overhang on your Lance 1030 Truck bed camper and confirm the length of the extension you need.

I included a few videos of the products mentioned for you to take a look at.

expert reply by:
Samuel C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Continue Researching

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>